1 C graham crackers, crushed
1 C brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 C burbon, brandy or spiced rum
1 tsp vanilla
7 oz dark chocolate bark
1 tsp coarse sea salt (optional)
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the maple syrup, bourbon and vanilla. Use your hands to make sure all the ingredients are mixed throughly.
- Form balls by scooping a tablespoon size amount of mixture and rolling in hands to form balls. Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Tip: After the balls are made, roll the balls again with slightly water damped hands. This will make the balls smooth before dipping in chocolate.
- Place balls on cookie sheet in freezer for 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate bark in a double boiler or microwave per directions on package.
- Dip frozen balls into chocolate, then place on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Optional: sprinkle a few grains of coarse sea salt on balls before the chocolate sets.
- These freeze well. Take out of the freezer and let sit for 15 minutes.