1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup cashews
1 1/2 cups Medjool dates*, pitted
zest and juice from 3 key limes
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- Add the almonds and cashews to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until nuts are finely chopped (but do not pulse too long, you do not want the nuts to turn into a paste).
- Add the dates, lime juice and zest. Pulse until the dates are finely chopped and the mixture starts to clump.
- Shape the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll in coconut to coat outside of the balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Notes If Medjool dates are not available, any other pitted date will work