- Boneless skinless chicken breasts -- 4, slice into stripes or cubes
- Green onions -- 4, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
- Pickled cayenne peppers -- 8 or to taste, cut into 1 cm pieces or use them as they are. It's very likely that you have cayenne peppers but don't have pickled ones since it's a Szechuan specialty. If it's the case, don't worry, just use cayenne peppers in the amount you want plus 1 1/2 white wine instead.
- Vegetable oil -- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon (use coconut oil for 21DSD)
- Cornstarch -- 2 tablespoons (use tapioca starch for 21DSD)
- Egg whites -- 2
- Garlic -- 5 cloves, minced
- Soy sauce -- 5 tablespoons (use coconut amigos for 21DSD)
- Shao Xing rice wine, dry sherry or cooking wine -- 2 tablespoons
- Water -- 1/4 cup
- Sugar -- 1 teaspoon (omit for 21DSD)
- Sesame oil -- 2 tablespoons
- White wine vinegar (if you use regular cayenne peppers) -- 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Other: Veggies, optional, cut them the way you cut your chicken, sliced or cubed
- Carrots -- 4
- Red bell pepper -- 1/2
- Green bell pepper -- 1/2
- Combine the in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the cornstarch and the egg whites well and coat the with the mixture.
- Heat 1 cup oil in the wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken strips briefly in the hot oil until they turn white. Remove the chicken and drain the oil.
- Clean out the wok and add 1 tablespoon oil into it. Heat the oil and add the garlic and cayenne peppers. Stir-fry briefly until fragnant. Then add the veggies of your choice and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and make a well in the center of the wok. Add the sauce to it and cook until it's boiling. Then add back the chicken and stir-fry 2 more minutes.
Stir in the green onions. Serve with rice.
Read more: http://www.amazing-chinese-food.com/szechuan-chicken.html#ixzz3seafXqOv