Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pork Tenderloin in Bourbon

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup bourbon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, halved
3 pounds pork tenderloin

DIRECTIONS
Mix together soy sauce, bourbon, brown sugar, and garlic. Pour over pork, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Remove pork from marinade, and place on rack of shallow roasting pan.
Bake for 45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees F/71 degrees C.

I had this at my grandmother's house the other day. The recipe was from my cousin. She sent it to me from myrecipe.com. It was DeLiCiOuS! Some of the comments on the website that were repeated over and over include:
  1. Doubling the marinade recipe.
  2. Increasing the amount of brown sugar.
  3. Marinating overnight.
  4. Slicing into medalions and grilling.
  5. Use the remaining marinade to make a sauce. I believe my cousin told me that they normally grill it in a skillet and use the drippings and marinade after the pork is cooked to make a sauce.

Served with sliced squash seasoned with olive oil and seasoning cooked on the grill in a grilling basket. She also said sliced okra seasoned with olive oil and cajun seasoning and grilled is excellent!

No comments: