- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 teaspoons roasted salted cashew pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Dash of kosher salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- Cooking spray
1. To prepare rice, bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in rice and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover, reduce heat, and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and cashews. Keep warm.
2. To prepare salmon, preheat broiler.
3. Combine ginger and the next 5 ingredients (through pepper). Rub spice mixture evenly over salmon. Place fillets on a broiler pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cover with foil; broil 7 minutes. Remove foil; broil an additional 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Serve salmon with rice.
- 19.8g (sat 4g,mono 7.4g,poly 6.9g)