- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons Shaoxing (Chinese rice wine) or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup orange sections (about 2 large oranges)
- 3 cups hot cooked short-grain rice
- 1 cup (1-inch) cut green onions
1. Place shrimp in a bowl; sprinkle with salt, tossing well. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Combine oil, ginger, and garlic in a wok or large nonstick skillet. Place over medium-high heat; cook 4 minutes or until ginger and garlic begin to brown. Add shrimp; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add bell pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add wine and vinegar; bring to a simmer. Cook 1 minute or until wine mixture is syrupy. Gently stir in orange sections. Serve over rice; sprinkle with onions.
- 6.5g (sat 1.1g,mono 1.9g,poly 2.6g)