Thursday, July 5, 2012
Baked Char Siew Pau
1 tablespoon lime juice
250g plain flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
400g pork/chicken fillet, cubed
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon dark soya sauce
1 teaspoon chicken stock granules
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice powder
50g sugar or to taste
100g green peas [optional]
2 big onions, peeled and cubed
½ teaspoon salt or to taste
2 tablespoons tapioca flour + 2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
1 egg yolk, beaten lightly for glazing
extra sesame seeds for topping
1. Heat oil and sauté garlic till fragrant.
2. Add pork/chicken meat and sauté for 10 seconds. Add in oyster sauce, dark soya sauce, chicken stock granules, sesame oil, Chinese 5 spice powder and sauté till chicken is almost cooked.
3. Add sugar, green peas and onions.
4. Season to taste with salt and thicken with tapioca flour solution. Turn off heat, sprinkle sesame seeds over and mix well. Set aside filling to cool.
1 .Place all ingredients in an electric mixer or mixing bowl, except water.
2. Add water slowly and mix until combined to form a smooth dough.
3. Rest dough, covered with a clean tea towel.
1. Place all ingredients in an electric mixer or mixing bowl, combine to form a soft dough.
2. Divide into 30 equal portions.
To wrap up: