- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 red jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 Tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 cups fat free, low sodium chicken stock
- Lime juice, to taste
- 1/4 cup plain, non- fat greek style yogurt
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Directions1. Heat a large pot over medium high heat.
2. Add the oil and sweat the shallot for 1 minute.
3. Add the garlic, jalapeno, and cumin and continue cooking for 1 minute.
4. Add the beans,chicken stock, and yogurt and bring to the simmer.
5. Let simmer for 5 minutes and transfer soup to a blender.
6. Working in batches, puree the soup until smoothness desired and return to a medium saucepot on medium heat.
7. Season the soup to taste with salt, pepper, and lime juice.
8. Ladle the soup into serving bowls, drizzle some yogurt over the soup and garnish with the chopped cilantro.