Hands-on Time: 15 min.; Total Time: 8 hr., 50 min. The batter for this streusel-topped breakfast sheet cake can be prepped and chilled in the pan up to 18 hours before baking.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
2. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Spread batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
3. Stir together brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Cover pan with plastic wrap, and chill 8 to 18 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake coffee cake 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Serve warm or at room temperature.