Don't skip the quick step of whipping the cream before stirring in the brown sugar—that's the secret to the smooth texture of the caramel-flavored sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Other: 9 hours 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 (2-lb.) package frozen bread roll dough
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1. Stir together granulated sugar and 3 tsp. cinnamon. Coat each roll in butter; dredge rolls in sugar mixture. Arrange in a lightly greased 10-inch tube pan; sprinkle with pecans. Cover and chill 8 to 18 hours. (Use a tube pan rather than a Bundt pan. Tube pans are straight with high sides; bundt pans are shallower and fluted.)
2. Preheat oven to 325°. Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; stir in brown sugar and remaining 1 tsp. cinnamon. Pour mixture over dough. Place pan on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
3. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes; invert onto a serving plate, and drizzle with any remaining glaze in pan.
Note: We tested with Rhodes White Dinner Rolls.