Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 2 (12-oz.) packages fresh cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (4- to 6-oz.) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Rinse beans. Combine beans, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and 3/4 tsp. salt in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Spread beans in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until beans are tender and slightly browned.
2. Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with pepper and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt.
3. Stir together breadcrumbs and next 3 ingredients in a large shallow dish. Dredge pork chops in breadcrumb mixture.
4. Cook chops in 1/4 cup hot vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Stir pecans and butter into beans; bake 5 to 6 more minutes or until pecans are golden. Serve pork chops with green beans.