Ingredients for the Jalapeño-Lime Chicken Wings:
- 2 pounds (1000 grams) chicken wings
- 2 jalapeño peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Directions for the Jalapeño-Lime Chicken Wings:
- Add all of the marinade ingredients (not the chicken!) to a blender. Process until smooth. If the marinade is a little thick, add a splash of water and re-process.
- Put the chicken wings into a container or large freezer bag. Pour over the marinade and toss the wings through it so that they are evenly coated.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking tray with foil and place a cooling rack onto the foil-lined tray.
- Place the wings onto the metal rack, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 425°F (210°C). Turn the chicken wings over and return them to the oven for another 15 minutes, or until browned.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the Ranch Dressing Dip!
Ingredients for the Paleo Ranch Dressing Dip:
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked for at least 6 hours, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions for the Paleo Ranch Dressing Dip:
- In a mini food processor or blender, process the soaked and drained cashews until you have a paste. You may need to scrape down the sides of your processor or blender a few times to do this.
- Once your cashews are a spreadable texture, add the coconut milk a little at a time and process until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, the rest of the coconut milk, the seasonings and herbs. Process until combined and the dressing is smooth. If it is still a little thick, add a splash of water and re-process.
- Once the Jalapeño-Lime Chicken Wings are cooked, serve with the Paleo Ranch Dressing Dip.