- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce (or to taste), such as Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomato juice
- 1 cup chilled vodka
- Garnish: pickled okra (talkotexas.com) and lemon wedges
Step 1Freeze tomato wedges for at least 4 hours.
Step 2Puree tomatoes, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, hot sauce, celery seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Stir in tomato juice and vodka. Divide among 4 chilled glasses. Garnish with okra and lemon wedges.