- 4 tablespoons fat (coconut oil, ghee, etc.)
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ pound of cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ pound frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk (the fatty stuff at the top of the can works best)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 ounces of Prosciutto di Parma
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A regular 12 cup muffin tin
Preheat the oven to 375°F and prepped my veggies.
Heat half the coconut oil over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet and sautéed the onions until soft and translucent.
Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook them until the mushroom moisture had evaporated. Then, season the filling with salt and pepper and spoon it on a plate to cool to room temperature.
For the batter, beat the eggs in a large bowl with coconut milk, coconut flour, salt, and pepper until well-mixed. Then, add the sautéed the mushrooms and spinach and stir to combine.
Brush the remainder of the melted coconut oil onto the muffin tin and line each cup with prosciutto, taking care to cover the bottom and sides completely.
Spoon in the frittata batter and top each muffin with some halved cherry tomatoes.
Pop the muffins in the oven for about 20 minute flipping the tray at the halfway point.
Let the muffins cool in the pan for a couple minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
Easy, tasty, and portable!
Source: Nom Nom Paleo