- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes (optional)*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups julienned carrots (approx. 2 large carrots)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- slivered almonds, optional (as garnish)
Sunday, January 26, 2014
1) In a medium bowl, combine coconut aminos, honey, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar, almond butter, garlic, ginger, green onions, sesame seeds, red chili flakes and salt. Whisk well to combine.
2) In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots and cilantro. Toss to combine.
3) Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss well to combine. Refrigerate for at least one hour to allow dressing flavours to soak into the slaw.
4) Sprinkle with slivered almonds (optional) before serving.