Roast Ingredients:4-5 pound pork roast
1 tsp sea salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tsp dry mustard
2 TBSP coconut oil
Sauce Ingredients:1/2 c orange juice
1 c beef or chicken broth
2 T grated fresh ginger
1 T orange zest 1 clove garlic, minced
1 t sesame oil
2 T coconut aminos
1 T sesame seeds
2 T coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Sprinkle roast with sea salt, pepper, dry mustard.
- In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over med-high heat.
- Place the roast in the skillet and brown on all sides, about 8 mins.
- Transfer the roast to the slow cooker
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the roast and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
- Serve the roast with the juices spooned over it.