Meatball Ingredients:1 lb ground pork
1 lb ground turkey or beef
5 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T sesame oil
1 t fish sauce
1 T coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 T coconut oil
Sauce Ingredients:1 c coconut milk
2/3 c chicken broth
1/2-1 t red curry paste
1 T pure maple syrup
1 T lime juice
1 T arrowroot starch
3 T cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, turkey or beef, green onions, garlic, sesame oil, fish sauce and vinegar. Mix well with your hands and form into 36 1-1/2" meatballs.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the meatballs to the skillet and cook, turning occasionally to brown them on all sides.
- Place the browned meatballs in a slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk, chicken broth, curry paste and maple syrup. Pour over the meatballs.
- Cook the meatballs on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Add the lime juice and stir gently.
- In a small bowl, stir together the arrowroot starch and cold water. Add the mixture to the slow cooker and stir gently.
- Cook, uncovered on high for 15 minutes and serve.