- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds (or nuts of choice)
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp coconut aminos (tastes like soy sauce)
- Add 1" of water to the bottom of a medium pot with a steamer insert or basket. Add brussels to steamer, cover, and cook over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until just tender and bright green.
- Meanwhile, dry roast the almonds in a small skillet over low heat. Stir constantly and remove from heat when they begin to brown. NOTE: watch and stir constantly, as they can burn easily.
- Combine the olive oil, ginger root, lemon juice and coconut aminos in a small bowl. When brussels are fully cooked, toss with dressing and top with toasted almonds.